Reverse Leadership is EPIC!
A formal definition of EPIC is extending beyond the usual or ordinary. In the context of EPIC leadership this makes sense. In order to lead a team that keeps delivering delightful and memorable customer experiences, leaders definitely need to go beyond the usual. Leadership produces change, involvement, and growth, whereas traditional management creates structure, efficiency and consistency.
With a traditional management style you simply will not be able to effectively lead a team toward a consistently memorable experience. When you are an EPIC leader you lead “bottom up”. Whereby customers or clients are at the top of the pyramid and leaders are at the bottom in order to support the Experience STARs (customer and guest facing roles). Experience STARs can only thrive and create memorable experiences when they are empowered, driven, inspired and coached by EPIC leaders.
The EPIC Leadership Program consists of 5 separate modules. After the Introduction to EPIC Leadership you can add 1-day modules based on your personal needs & development. We offer the EPIC Leadership program as an open training (single registrations), an in-company program. We also have to opportunity to become a Certified EPIC Leadership Facilitator (including scripted facilitator guide) so you can train the EPIC Program within your organisation yourself!
Key features & benefits
Being an EPIC leader is not a matter of luck, or something genetic. It is something you can learn. People deserve and want EPIC leaders that are Empowering, Purpose-driven, Inspiring and Coaching. The EPIC Leadership Program has been designed for leaders and managers who want to be(come) EPIC leaders, prrofessional independent trainers/coaches and HR professionals.
- 5 separate leadership modules.
- Experience based learning modules.
- Mix & match the way you want it.
- Set vision and direction bottom up.
- Empower high performance.
- Creating self-awareness and develop behavior.
- Learning how to serve and setting others up for success
- Inspiration to be the change!
- Available for individual registrations, as an in-company leadership development program and train-the-trainer modules.
PROGRAM | Introduction to EPIC Leadership (1 day)
LEADERSHIP IS NOT ABOUT THE NEXT ELECTION, IT IS ABOUT THE NEXT GENERATION.
During this 1-day program the participants will get a deep-dive into Reverse Engineering & Thinking. They will reflect on their own leadership behaviour and gain insights in how to be(come) an EPIC leader.
- Who would be your example of an epic leader?
- Which leader do you admire for going beyond the usual and the ordinary?
- What can you learn from his or her behavior?
- How can you use this to in uence your team(s) in an EPIC way?
- Introduction to Empowering-, Purpose-driven-, Inspiring- and Coaching Leadership.
(€ 195 individual registration open training program)
PROGRAM | EMPOWERING LEADERSHIP (1 day)
The role of leaders is not to get other people to follow them, but to empower others to lead…
The term empowerment refers to measures designed to increase the degree of autonomy and self-determination in people and in communities in order to enable them to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way, acting on their own authority. It is the process of becoming stronger and more con dent, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights. Empowerment as action refers both to the process of self-empowerment and to professional support of people, which enables them to overcome their sense of powerlessness and lack of in uence, and to recognize and use their resources. To do work with power.
During this 1-day program you’ll take a deep-dive into Empowering Leadership:
- Experience empowerment and the effect of this in a team.
- Learn how empowering others builds engagement.
- Experience and discover how empowerment makes YOU grow, which in terms makes your team grow.
PROGRAM | PURPOSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP (1 day)
Purpose-driven leaders are able to put the work they are doing in a larger context. One that helps team members understand WHY they are doing the work they are doing every day…
While many companies understand that having a stated purpose is important, they struggle to weave it into their day-to-day business. We found that purposeful organizations build leaders’ skills in inspiring, adapting, and team leadership. They do this by focusing on experiences, coaching, and mentoring. Leaders learn from leaders, and they coach and develop their people.
Purpose is a key driver of employee engagement. In previous research, 96% of leaders said that purpose is important to their job satisfaction. In Global Leadership Forecast 2018, we found that having a purpose statement not only has a positive effect on engagement overall, but twice as many leaders get meaning from work and energy levels are 60% higher.
During this 1-day program you’ll take a deep-dive into Purpose-driven Leadership:
- Uncover why/purpose and how to apply this to both personal and business.
- Learn and share personal values and how they work within a team.
- Be able to live and lead according to your purpose
PROGRAM | INSPIRING LEADERSHIP (1 day)
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader…
When employees aren’t just engaged, but inspired, that’s when organizations see real breakthroughs. Inspired employees are themselves far more productive and, in turn, inspire those around them to strive for greater heights. People often use the terms “INSPIRE” and “MOTIVATE” interchangeably. Conceptually they may seem related, but in fact they are worlds apart.
Motivation pushes you to accomplish a task, or work through a difficult event, even when you would rather be doing anything else. We are motivated by a result. Inspiration pulls you towards something that stirs your heart, mind, or spirit. We are inspired by a person, an event, or by circumstance.
During this 1-day program you’ll take a deep-dive into Inspiring Leadership:
- Get inspired and be able to inspire others through different means.
- Learn how to lead based on true authenticity and true to self.
- Identify what goes into inspiring your team.
PROGRAM | COACHING LEADERSHIP (1 day)
Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their growth…
As a coaching leader you are able to bring the best out of your team and really maximize the potential within your team through developing them. When you coach as a leader you focus on the stuff that matters, empowering your people / team, and helping them take responsibility.
Millennials are over 50% of the workforce, with an expectation that “I’m not just going to be told what to do. I’m not going to be just a small cog in a large machine. I want more of an at-work experience than that!” Coaching is a leadership style that speaks to different demographics. As an authentic EPIC COACH, you are inspired by the belief your team can win, and you bring out the best in your team.
During this 1-day program you’ll take a deep-dive into Coaching:
- Understand the relevance and (potential) impact of coaching leadership.
- Experience EPIC coaching and how to apply this in own team and/or organization.
- Be able to adapt your coaching to different generations and target groups.